Big Accomplishments in Aviation
- In 1917, the first all metal plane, the Junkers J4, was introduced by Hugo Junkers.
- In 1927, Charles Lindbergh was the first to fly nonstop and solo across the Atlantic.
- In 1933, Boeing made the first modern commercial airliner, which was the 247.
- In 1937, Jet engines were first designed and two years later the first jet aircraft, which was the Heinkel HE 178, takes to the skies.
- In 1939, the first practical single rotor helicopter was developed for the U.S. army.
- World war two (1939-1945) produced many technological advances in aviation. The British developed airplane detecting radar. The Germans developed radiowave navigation and the first practical jet fighter.
- In 1949, the first jet-powered commercial aircraft was created and three years later was put to use.
- In 1969, the Boeing 747 was created.
Information found from http://www.greatachievements.org/?id=3728